Skip To Main Content


Employees Separating for Reasons Other than Retirement

Your insurance coverage end date will vary based on your last day worked and what type of employee you are with WAWM SD.  Refer to the When Do My Benefits End worksheet to identify when your coverage will end 
COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) is a Federal law that requires employers to offer continued group health and dental coverage to separating employees. The coverage can be up to 18 months, with you paying 100% of the monthly premium in addition to a 2% administration fee. Employee Benefits Corporation Division, our Cobra Administrator will mail you notification of your COBRA benefits. This notice is sent within 14 days after your last day working with WAWM SD. It provides you with all the details regarding the length of your eligibility, your cost, when it begins, when it ends, and other important information.
403(b) or 457(b)
We partner with TSA Consulting Group as our authorized signer for all transactions. They can provide the signatures you need 
You have two ways to contact them for your rollover needs:
  • Call them at (888) 796-3786. Select option 4 for customer service.
  • Proceed electronically through their secure portal. Go to their website and continue through the prompts.
Reimbursement requests must be made within 90 days of your separation date for all Flexible Spending Accounts. No exceptions are allowed. The date of service for any claims which you are requesting reimbursement must be prior to your separation date.
Flexible Spending Debit Card Balances:
The debit card will be deactivated as of your date of separation. Any outstanding claims will have to be filed via claim form or online. Check account balances and claim history at
Flexible Spending Account: Healthcare
Coverage for Healthcare FSA ends on your separation date. Expenses incurred after your separation date are not eligible. Once you separate, funds no longer rollover into the next year nor would they rollover to a new employer
Flexible Spending Account: Dependent Care
Coverage for Dependent Care-FSA ends on your separation date. Expenses incurred after your separation date are not eligible
You may continue your life insurance based on a few factors. For more information visit the WRS website
For health, dental and vision insurance coverage after separation, see the COBRA section.
You can continue coverage for Aflac Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity insurance. Contact Customer Service at 1.800.433.3036 to receive a portability packet. Or, you can access the Continuation of Coverage form online at
This must be done within 31 days of leaving employment.